In last week’s post, I showed you all a photo of my bookcase that looked a little sad. This week I decided to tackle the project of making it look better, without having to take out a second student loan. As I said before, the bookcase only cost me about $20 from Target. I spent the past few days scouring Target, TJ Maxx, Dollar Tree, Tuesday Morning, Michaels and Wal-Mart for some deals.
I decided that I would use kitchen cabinet liner along the inner backing of the bookcase to add a little more color. Here’s what that portion of the project requires:
1. EasyLiner Cabinet Liner: $5.98 at Wal-Mart
2. Scissors: $1.97 at Wal-Mart (I understand most people already have these, but I couldn’t find mine anywhere! Typical me.)
3. Double Sided Tape: $3.97 at Wal-Mart (For a more permanent solution, you can also substitute this with hot glue.)
Bookcase Background Cost: $11.92
To make the bookcase more personalized, I picked up a few more things I found for cheap:
1. Glass Container: $6.99 at Michael’s
2. Glass Beads: 2 bags at $1.00 each at Dollar Tree
3. Synthetic Flowers: 5 for $3.00 at Michael’s
4. Picture Frames: TJ Maxx ( $3.99 and $2.99) and Target ($3.00 and $4.50)
5. Green Organizer: Tuesday Morning for $7.99
Fun Decor Cost: $34.46
Combining the background and fun decor, my bookcase overhaul cost totals up to $46.38. All in all, I think I did pretty well, especially because each decor piece can be used somewhere else on its own when I feel like the room needs a change. Be sure to check back soon to see how I put all of these supplies to good use!
-DIY Decor Diva